Conflict Management in the Work Place
What you will learn
skills you will gain
100% online courseStart instantly with lifetime access
Accredited CourseAccredited by internationally recognized Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency (Provider No: 50134)
Self-pacedWork at your own pace
From Beginner to AdvancedNo degree or prior experience required
Praise for Transformation Academy
about this course
Do you ever feel distracted, anxious, or frustrated dealing with conflict with your coworkers or your boss?
Or, are you a manager who has to address conflict with your employees or between team members?
The truth is that conflict is an inevitable part of work life, and it does not only affect those who are directly involved, it impacts the entire team, department, and organization. How you, and the organization you work for, manage conflict is what ultimately determines the level of productivity and fulfillment you will experience at work.
As a manager or business executive, workplace conflict should be a high priority issue because it leads to decreased productivity and high employee turnover.
In fact, research has shown that conflict on the job was cited as the reason people leave their jobs in 50% of cases.
And, studies have revealed that the average U.S. employee spends 2.8 hours a week dealing with conflict. Between those two factors, that is a huge loss of revenue and potential growth.
Conflict at work can be caused by a number of factors, including misunderstandings, miscommunication, perceived threats, personality clashes, a competitive environment, or different values or beliefs.
But, the biggest problem caused by conflicts are not the conflicts themselves, but rather the way conflicts are handled—and in many cases not handled at all. Humans are psychologically wired to seek pleasure and avoid pain. So, naturally, we avoid dealing with conflict. The problem is avoiding or mishandling conflicts causes bigger problems with long-term consequences that can be detrimental to our psychological well-being and the success of any team or organization.
But, not all conflict is inherently bad—in fact it can be both healthy and beneficial. When an effective system for managing differences of opinion is put into place, conflicts can be the source of tremendous growth and creativity. When the corporate environment is one of trust and openness, individuals see disagreements as an opportunity to find common ground and conflicts as a source of creative solutions. When the fear of win-lose situations is eliminated, win-win situations become a common goal.
Since conflict is a normal part of business life, it is essential to develop the skills to be able to prevent and manage it. The best way to manage conflicts is to:
- Stay ahead of conflict by being prepared
- Have a clear process for handling conflict
- Provide employees with the tools and skills need to deal with conflict
In this course, you will:
Develop an understanding of common sources of conflict and awareness of what signs to look for, so you can prevent or minimize conflict by catching it early.
- Find out your natural conflict management style—whether you withdraw, back down, compete, compromise, or truly collaborate and how to change your reactions to be more effective.
- Create a psychologically safe work environment in which individuals and teams feel confident expressing themselves, making mistakes, and speaking up because they trust that they will not be reprimanded or ridiculed, and that they will be supported in their quest for improvement.
- Know when to intervene and the best and worst times to approach handling the conflict,, including how to de-escalate a conflict that has become heated or emotional, while not reacting emotionally yourself.
- Facilitate conflict resolution conversations, using powerful communication techniques and knowing important mistakes to avoid.
You’ll also learn the 6 Steps to Conflict Resolution, including important conflict resolution skills like:
- Effective listening and communication techniques
- Essential problem-solving strategies
- Strategies for following-up and moving forward in a way that ensures resentment doesn’t linger and conflicts don’t re-occur
We’ll also provide additional insights for handling conflicts depending on who your conflict is with, such as a conflict with your boss or manager, your employees, or within a team.
meet your instructors
Joeel and Natalie Rivera
We are Joeel and Natalie Rivera—your soon-to-be coach trainers! (Yes, we’re married AND work together… 24 hours a day… and we LOVE IT!) Below we’ll tell you our story, briefly… the REAL story. The one that wasn’t always easy but that lead us PERFECTLY to this place of living out our life’s purpose and creating the thriving business (and the FREEDOM that comes with it) that we always wanted!
We seek to ignite a revolution of personal freedom through entrepreneurship, empowering each individual to reach their potential and fulfill their life’s purpose.
We are freedom junkies and serial entrepreneurs who empower INDIEpreneurs to create a purpose-driven business and fulfill their life’s purpose. We specialize in teaching people how to use their gifts to make money teaching what they know and love through life coaching and online courses. Joeel has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness.
In 2014, when we converted our print magazine into digital format, we found we could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. This inspire us to officially become INFOpreneurs. Then, in 2016 we received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued to teach and empower others by turning their in-person workshops, speeches and coach training programs into online courses.
Start learning today
- Taught by top instructors and coach trainers
- Best value and price in the industry
- 100% 30-day money-back guarantee
- No degree or experience required
- Official certificate & logo upon completion