Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
Emotional Intelligence to control emotions, prevent conflict, reduce stress, communicate effectively, & manage staff
Taught by Joeel & Natalie Rivera
What you will learn
skills you will gain
100% online courseStart instantly with lifetime access
Accredited CourseAccredited by internationally recognized Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency (Provider No: 50134)
Self-pacedWork at your own pace
From Beginner to AdvancedNo degree or prior experience required
Praise for Transformation Academy
about this course
Many people believe that intelligence, or IQ, was what determines success. But, researchers have found that people with average IQ’s outperform those with higher IQ 70% of the time. It turns out that the missing link in determining a person’s long-term success is emotional intelligence, or EQ.
Many organizations make the same mistake by focusing on developing hard skills, while the truth is that soft skills, such as emotional intelligence, have been demonstrated to be the strongest predictor of job performance. Plus, high levels of EQ in the workplace creates more rewarding, collaborative, and satisfying workplace relationships, which, in turn, leads to reduced stress and anxiety and greater productivity.
Talent Smart studied 34 important workplace skills, including emotional intelligence, and found that EQ was the highest predictor of work performance and overall success.
Another study of over 40 fortune 500 companies found that programmers in the top 10th percentile of EQ produced software 3 times faster than programmers with low EQ, and high EQ sales representatives outperformed others by 50%.
Studies have found that high EQ also correlates to increases in earnings, problem solving skills, and leadership effectiveness. In fact people with high EQ make an average of $29,000 more a year than those with low EQ. This has proven to be true across different industries. Plus, it reduces conflict which has been shown to increase retention rates by 67%, saving both recruiting and training cost.
The good news is that emotional intelligence can be DEVELOPED!
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Prevent yourself from being sucked into other people’s negative emotions by understanding why emotions are contagious
- Assess your own level of emotional intelligence and your strengths and weaknesses
- Understand how emotions work and how to develop awareness and recognize your own emotional states
- Take control of your thoughts and redirect your emotional state
- Catch negative emotions early and avoid triggers, in order to prevent yourself from escalating into unwanted emotional states like anger or fear
- Reduce and release stress so that it doesn’t build up, making you more susceptible to negative emotional reactions
- Use quick, powerful 5-second strategies for overcoming negative emotions, including de-escalating anger and stopping yourself from crying
Then, once you’ve developed awareness of and control over your own emotions, you’ll explore how to handle other people’s emotions and develop better communication and stronger relationships with your co-workers or staff. You’ll learn how to:
- Identify non-verbal communication and body language that tells you what someone else is feeling
- Establish rapport and connect to others, allowing you to take on a position of influence and authority and be truly supportive
- Develop healthy empathy so that you can truly understand another person’s perspective, while at the same time not being negatively impacted by their emotional state
- Listen and communicate effectively using proven reflective listening techniques and simple, powerful communication skills
- Handle others’ emotional states, including apathy, defensiveness, anger, or crying
- Be an emotionally intelligent manager and create a more positive work environment with low conflict and high productivity
meet your instructors
Joeel and Natalie Rivera
We are Joeel and Natalie Rivera—your soon-to-be coach trainers! (Yes, we’re married AND work together… 24 hours a day… and we LOVE IT!) Below we’ll tell you our story, briefly… the REAL story. The one that wasn’t always easy but that lead us PERFECTLY to this place of living out our life’s purpose and creating the thriving business (and the FREEDOM that comes with it) that we always wanted!
We seek to ignite a revolution of personal freedom through entrepreneurship, empowering each individual to reach their potential and fulfill their life’s purpose.
We are freedom junkies and serial entrepreneurs who empower INDIEpreneurs to create a purpose-driven business and fulfill their life’s purpose. We specialize in teaching people how to use their gifts to make money teaching what they know and love through life coaching and online courses. Joeel has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness.
In 2014, when we converted our print magazine into digital format, we found we could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. This inspire us to officially become INFOpreneurs. Then, in 2016 we received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued to teach and empower others by turning their in-person workshops, speeches and coach training programs into online courses.
Start learning today
- Taught by top instructors and coach trainers
- Best value and price in the industry
- 100% 30-day money-back guarantee
- No degree or experience required