Learn Psychology: Why We Think, Feel and Act the Way We Do
Learn how the human mind works and how you can use the power of your mind to your advantage
Taught by Joeel & Natalie Rivera
What you will learn
skills you will gain
100% online courseStart instantly with lifetime access
Accredited CourseAccredited by internationally recognized Continuing Professional Development Standards Agency (Provider No: 50134)
Self-pacedWork at your own pace
From Beginner to AdvancedNo degree or prior experience required
Praise for Transformation Academy
about this course
Why do people think and act the way they do?
Why are some people miserable and others happy for no reason?
How does the human mind work, how do we learn, and how does memory work?
Why does society and the media have so much influence on people?
We’ll cover all of this and more in this Introduction to Psychology course!
The key to unlocking success and happiness in life is UNDERSTANDING YOURSELF—including why you think, feel and act the way you do. The best way to learn about yourself is to understand psychology and then apply it to your own life. In fact, most people who enter the psychology field are initially drawn to it out of an interest in understanding and improving themselves.
Most of human behavior and experience takes place unconsciously, meaning we aren’t aware of WHY we feel or act the way we do. By learning what psychology is and how the human mind works, we become CONSCIOUS of what is taking place INSIDE of us and how this influences what we experience in life. This course teaches the foundation of psychology and provides a framework for understanding yourself AND human behavior in general.
Once you understand the power of your mind, and how it works, you can use it to consciously create the life you desire, as well as help those around you.
This course will also help students enrolled in AP Psychology and college-level Introduction to Psychology courses by providing reinforcement of concepts in a more interesting way with a fun professor! It is also a great course for anyone interested in pursuing a career in psychology.
About the Professor: Joeel A. Rivera is a former Psychology Instructor with over a decade in the field of Psychology. Loved by his students for being “the nutty professor,” he is known for making learning FUN and presenting information in every-day language that is interesting and easy to apply to your life. You can read college students’ reviews at RateMyProfessor.com.
What will you learn?
- Describe key concepts, phenomena, theories and topics in psychology
- Understand more about the field of psychology
- Learn how the human mind works and how you can use the power of your mind to your advantage
- Learn the reasons you think, feel and act the way you do, as well as understand other people better
Who is this for?
- Anyone interested in a greater understanding of themselves
- Anyone interested in human behavior and why people do what they do
- Anyone who wants to use the power of their mind to create the life they desire
- Anyone taking an AP Psychology or college-level Psychology course
- Anyone interested in understanding the field of psychology as a career
- My Journey to Psychology
- The Power of Your Mind
- So What is Psychology?
- Powerpoint Slides: Different Approaches to Psychology
- Internal Approaches to Psychology
- External Approaches to Psychology 2
- Powerpoint Slides: Research in Psychology
- Research in Psychology Observational
- Research in Psychology Correlational
- Research in Psychology Experimental
- Powerpoint Slides: Sensation and Perception
- Sensation and Perception
- Powerpoint Slides: Left Vs Right
- Right Brain vs Left Brain
- Powerpoint Slides: Emotions 1 Physiological and Cognitive
- Emotions Physiological and Cognitive
- Powerpoint Slides: Emotions 2 Expressed and Experienced
- Emotions Expressed and Experienced
- Powerpoint Slides: Stress
- Stress and Anxiety Part 1
- Stress and Anxiety Part 2
- Powerpoint Slides: Memory How We Remember Part 1
- How Do We Remember Part 1
- Powerpoint Slides: How Do We Remember Part 2
- How Do We Remember Part 2
- Powerpoint Slides: Why Do We Forget
- Why Do We Forget
- Powerpoint Slides: Memory and Reliability
- Memory and Reliability
- Powerpoint Slides: Classical Conditioning
- Classical Conditioning
- BONUS The Little Albert Conditioning Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Operant Conditioning
- Operant Conditioning
- Powerpoint Slides: Motivation
- Powerpoint Slides: Learning
- Other Kinds of Learning
- Powerpoint Slides: Parent and Child Interaction
- Parent Child Interaction
- Powerpoint Slides: Attachment and Separation
- Attachment and Separation
- BONUS Monkey Attachment Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Gender and Sexuality
- Sexual Development and Gender Identity
- Powerpoint Slides: Attribution and Impressions
- Attribution and Making Impressions
- Powerpoint Slides: Attitudes and Beliefs
- Attitudes, Beliefs and Actions
- Powerpoint Slides: Social Relations Part 1 Prejudice
- Social Relations 1 Prejudice
- 32 BONUS A Class Divided
- Powerpoint Slides: Social Relations Part 2 Aggression
- Social Relations Part 2 Aggression
- BONUS The Bobo Doll Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Conformity and Obedience
- Conformity and Obedience
- BONUS Obedience Experiment
- Powerpoint Slides: Group Influence
- Group Influence
- Congratulations and Conclusion
meet your instructors
Joeel and Natalie Rivera
We are Joeel and Natalie Rivera—your soon-to-be coach trainers! (Yes, we’re married AND work together… 24 hours a day… and we LOVE IT!) Below we’ll tell you our story, briefly… the REAL story. The one that wasn’t always easy but that lead us PERFECTLY to this place of living out our life’s purpose and creating the thriving business (and the FREEDOM that comes with it) that we always wanted!
We seek to ignite a revolution of personal freedom through entrepreneurship, empowering each individual to reach their potential and fulfill their life’s purpose.
We are freedom junkies and serial entrepreneurs who empower INDIEpreneurs to create a purpose-driven business and fulfill their life’s purpose. We specialize in teaching people how to use their gifts to make money teaching what they know and love through life coaching and online courses. Joeel has a Master’s Degree in Counseling and Education and is currently completing his dissertation for his Ph.D. in Psychology, with an emphasis on happiness.
In 2014, when we converted our print magazine into digital format, we found we could reach an exponential, worldwide market at a fraction of the time and cost. This inspire us to officially become INFOpreneurs. Then, in 2016 we received a proverbial “kick in the pants” to go “all-in” when Joeel fell ill after traveling overseas. Unable to leave the house, they continued to teach and empower others by turning their in-person workshops, speeches and coach training programs into online courses.
Start learning today
- Taught by top instructors and coach trainers
- Best value and price in the industry
- 100% 30-day money-back guarantee
- No degree or experience required